- All Students are given an account on the MSU-Meridian network and an e-mail account within one week of registering for class.
- Students are free to use the computer labs in room 119 at any time between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, and closed on Sunday.
- Students will assume a $.05 per page charge for printouts in the computer labs.
- Thirteen multimedia classrooms are available for students and faculty to use for class presentations.
- Direct dedicated internet access is provided to every computer via a 100 MB metro ethernet connection to the Starkville Campus.
Accessing the MSU-Meridian Network
Student network accounts are created with the following conventions:
Logging in to the MSU-Meridian Computers:
Lab workstations have a Novell login prompt with two fields: "Username" and "Password." To log in to the network, enter your NetID as determined above and your password as your birthdate in the form MMDDYY. Click YES, when asked if you want to change your password. Change your password to your NetPassword.
E-Mail Account Information
There are two ways to access your student email.
Should you require assistance, please inquire at the information desk or the police office in the lobby area of the upper level, or call (601) 484-0120 or (601) 484-0123 (from a phone in the building, dial the last five digits).
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite with APA Template
- Microsoft Office Suite with APA Template
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Netscape Communicator
- Internet Explorer
Free/Discounted software is available through Information Technology Services (ITS). Just click on the ITS link and click the Software link.
Last Updated: 8/30/11