The Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary Education (MAT-S) degree program is available to individuals who already have a bachelor’s degree who wish to prepare for a career as a professional educator on the secondary level. The MAT-S program offers licensure and/or degree tracks with flexible scheduling including face-to-face or online/hybrid classes.
Subjects Available For Licensure:
- Art Education
- Business Education
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
The graduate application including all the supporting documentation.
Supporting documentation includes:
- Enrolled in MSU Graduate School
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- A 2.75 GPA or higher on last half of bachelor’s degree work
- A 2.75 GPA or higher on a minimum of 15 hours of coursework in the content area of licensure
- Meet the Mississippi Department of Education score requirements on the Praxis CORE or ACT and on the Praxis II-Specialty Area Test
Susan Steward - email@example.com