Submit application through the Physician Assistant Centralized Application Service (CASPA) https://caspa.liaisoncas.com.
- The MSU MPAS program faculty and staff do not provide assistance with completion of the CASPA application or review prior to submittal. For help with application-related questions, contact CASPA Customer Support at 617-612-2080 or email@example.com
- A note about professionalism: The PA profession and the MSU MPAS program value professionalism in program pre-applicants, applicants, students, and graduates. The MSU MPAS program expects all persons to exhibit professionalism when contacting and communicating with our program. The MSU MPAS program is not obligated to respond to communication that is dishonest, threatening, argumentative, or offensive. Unprofessional interaction with program staff and/or faculty will be taken into consideration during application review.
All requested materials must be verified by the August 1 deadline to be considered. Please review the CASPA website carefully for the definition of VERIFIED.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to review the progress of their CASPA application on the CASPA website.
Questions completing the CASPA application should be directed to CASPA.
The CASPA application includes the following components:
- Successfully complete the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). All applicants seeking admission to the MSU MPAS Program must register for and take the Graduate Record Examination General Test. The web site for the GRE General Test is www.gre.org. When filling out the application, you will be asked for an Institutional Code. The institutional code for MSU CASPA is code is 4339 Mississippi State University-Meridian. Your official GRE scores must be sent directly to CASPA.
- Candidates should take the GRE three months before the verification deadline, and send scores at least 2 weeks prior to the application deadline to ensure scores are received by August 1.
- For additional information regarding the GRE, please visit the ETS-GRE website. https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/your_ets_account/
- Official transcripts from all post-high school course work.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of 20 hours of experience shadowing a medical provider (MD, DO, or PA).
- Three letters of reference.
- At least one must be from a PA. Other appropriate references include professors or employers.
- None should be from family members or friends.
- Record of hands-on patient care experience.
- A minimum of 80 patient care hours is required for admittance into our Program; however, successful applicants average over 2,000 hours of patient care experience upon entering PA programs.
- This includes voluntary or paid experience.
Mississippi State University-Meridian has applied for Accreditation - Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Mississippi State University-Meridian anticipates matriculating its first class in January 2021, pending achievement of Accreditation - Provisional status at the September 2020 ARC-PA meeting.
Accreditation - Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding accreditation-provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.
The program will not commence in the event Accreditation-Provisional is not granted.
For more information on the developing Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org).