- Upper Division Sciences: 6 hours (3000+ level courses)
- Microbiology or Bacteriology for science majors: 3-4 hours (with lab if offered)
- Chemistry I and II: 8 hours (with labs)
- Anatomy (human or comparative with a lab) 4 hours Human A&P I and Human A&P II can be taken to fulfill these requirements. Both courses must be taken to meet the prerequisite.
- Physiology: 4 hours (general, human or comparative with lab)
- Statistics: 3 hours
- Genetics: 3-4 hours (with lab if offered)
- Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry: 3-4 hours (with lab if offered)
- Behavioral Sciences: 6 hours (Sociology or Psychology)
- College algebra or higher: 3 hours
**The list of prerequisites above reflects desired academic preparation necessary to be successful in the program. The Admissions Review Committee evaluates each course for prerequisite competencies prior to admission and holds ultimate authority in determining an applicant's achievement of those prerequisite competencies.**
Mississippi State University-Meridian has applied for Accreditation - Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Mississippi State University-Meridian anticipates matriculating its first class in January 2021, pending achievement of Accreditation - Provisional status at the September 2020 ARC-PA meeting.
Accreditation - Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding accreditation-provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.
The program will not commence in the event Accreditation-Provisional is not granted.
For more information on the developing Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org).