The Mississippi State University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program offers information sessions for individuals who are interested in attending the program.
What to expect: Information sessions are given by the program and are open to the public. The applicant is responsible for knowing program prerequisites and requirements.
Participants learn firsthand about our Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program from program faculty. A tour of the program, including classrooms and physical examination lab is provided.
To maximize your experience, please take time to review the website in detail prior to attending. Participants are encouraged to come prepared by bringing a notebook and pen/pencil.
How to become a more competitive applicant...
- Develop strong critical thinking skills
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the US healthcare delivery system and the role PAs play in providing healthcare
- In addition to prerequisites, successfully complete additional rigorous, upper level science courses and earn high level marks in them
- Successfully complete a medical terminology course
- Develop excellent written and oral communication skills
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the profession and the philosophy of the profession
- Acquire hands-on health care experience in excess of the minimum requirements
- Develop concrete examples of your motivation for becoming a PA
- Develop understanding of healthcare provider role and functions through shadowing and/or work experience.
Monday, July 24, 2023 - 1:00pm - In Person or Virtual
For both In Person and Virtual attendance, please RSVP.
The information session will be held in the Deen Building (Room 301). Please enter Deen Building Lobby (2212 5th Street).
*Parking is available in the downtown Meridian Arts District parking deck located at 712 24th Ave, Meridian, MS 39301