MSU-Meridian Fall 2020 Commencement
Mississippi State University-Meridian is excited to offer Fall 2020 Commencement in person at the MSU Riley Center for Education and the Performing Arts.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, there have been significant changes made to the way we usually conduct our commencement exercises. Please pay special attention to those changes below:
Graduates, faculty and other participants
- Each participant MUST arrive at the Riley Center fully robed and with an appropriate face covering. No dressing rooms will be provided for faculty.
- Face coverings are required for the ENTIRE ceremony.
- Participants will enter through the *Grand Lobby Entrance (see photo) of the Riley Center beginning at 9:30 a.m. Participants MUST arrive before general seating opens at 10 a.m.
- ALL participants will be seated on the main level of the Riley Center. There will be no traditional processional. Graduates will be presented a card with their information upon arrival. You MUST maintain this card throughout the ceremony and present it to the staff member who calls your name as you cross the stage to receive your diploma.
- Once the ceremony concludes, ushers will direct you to the nearest exit. Participants MUST exit the facility immediately. Photographs and greetings may occur outside the facility, but we ask that you do NOT congregrate inside the Riley Center.
- Graduates are not required to return regalia.
- ProPicsUSA will be onhand to take professional photos of graduates as they walk across the stage as well as back stage. Graduates can go to the following link www.msumphotos.com to register their contact information prior to commencement.
Guest and those attending to support graduates
- Each graduate will be allowed three (3) tickets to distribute to family and friends.
- ALL three guests MUST enter the Riley Center at the same time. Doors will open for guests one hour (10 a.m.) before the ceremony. ALL attendees will enter through the *Grand Lobby Entrance of the Riley Center. Tickets MUST be presented to enter.
- EVERYONE must wear a face covering the entire ceremony. Those who don't comply with this university policy may be asked to leave the facility.
- Once in the facility, the party of up to three will be presented tickets with seat assignments. The party must be seated together for the entire ceremony. Re-entry to the facility will NOT be granted, so it is important that your entire party enter the building at the same time.
- Once the ceremony concludes, ushers will direct you to the nearest exit. Attendees must exit the facility immediately! Photographs and greeting may occur outside the facility, but we ask that you do NOT congregrate inside the Riley Center.