Steps to apply for Scholarships at MSU:
- Student must be admitted.
- Log in to your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword.
- On the Banner tab, under the Financial Aid and Scholarshpis column, click "Submit/Revise General Scholarshp Application."
- A new window will pop up, and you'll need to log in again using your NetID and NetPassword.
- When you're logging in for the first time, you'll need to complete the general application.
- Don't forget to click the "Save" button! When you're returning after your first log-in, you'll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.
Non-Resident Tuition Scholarship Reinstatement Opportunity
Non-resident students whose GPA falls below the required minimum 3.0 GPA will have the opportunity to earn back the non-resident tuition grant/scholarship provided the student meets the following requirements:
Must successfully bring cumulative GPA back up to an overall 3.0
Must maintain continuous, full-time enrollment at MSU during the fall & spring semesters
Must have remaining semesters of non-resident tuition grant/scholarship eligibility (each fall/spring semester that a student uses to earn back the non-resident tuition grant/scholarship counts against the total semesters remaining)
Summer Scholarship Request
Scholarships for Early Graduates
Academic Scholarships are awarded up to 2 years (4 semesters). Students who graduate from MSU in less than 2 years (4 semesters) and have academic scholarship semesters remaining, may be eligible to use the remaining academic scholarship for graduate school. Students must maintain continuous full-time enrollment and maintain the required GPA as listed in the scholarship offer. The student must be admitted to graduate school at MSU and must be enrolled full time in the semester in which the award is received. The student must contact the Scholarship Office to determine eligibility.