Apply Now Online
Please note that our scholarship program is reviewed each year and is subject to change. The information provided below is for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Mississippi State University has a variety of academic scholarships for community college transfers including scholarships for Phi Theta Kappa, Phi Theta Kappa All-Mississippi Academic Team, and overall academic excellence. In addition to earned outstanding honors and awards, these scholarships require a competitive GPA on a minimum of 48 transferable community college hours and excellent leadership and service activities.
- Scholarship amounts are competitive and include awards ranging from the cost of books to non-resident tuition.
- Admission to the university is required for all scholarships. To be considered for competitive and private scholarships, the general application must be submitted.
- Recipients must enroll as a full-time student the semester in which the award is received. Recipients also must remain in good standing.
- Renewal of scholarships and non-resident scholarships is based on full-time enrollment and maintaining a 3.00 overall GPA at the end of each spring semester.
- Academic scholarships will be deferred during the work phase for co-op students.
All students have the right to appeal their Scholarship status. Exceptions may be made in cases of mitigating circumstances such as: Death in the immediate family, personal injury, illness, etc, as determined by the Office of Admissions and Scholarships and the University Scholarship Appeals Committee.
The Appeals Committee will meet once a year in July. Students may obtain the appeals form from the Office of Admissions and Scholarships by the end of June. The University Scholarship Appeals Committee has authority over all appeals and its decisions are final.
Academic and non-resident tuition scholarships are only offered during the fall and spring semesters. Requests to substitute a summer semester for a fall or spring semester must be made through the scholarship office.