The Phil Hardin Foundation Libraries located on the MSU-Meridian College Park Campus and Riley Campus serve as local facilities for accessing print and electronic materials, obtaining research assistance and consultations services and instruction for the MSU-Meridian faculty, staff and students.
The Phil Hardin Foundation Library at the College Park campus is located on the second floor of the College Park Campus facility. Existing classrooms and a meeting room were renovated to form an 1800 square-foot library space with comfortable seating, room for student collaboration, library instruction, access to print and electronic resources, and a relaxing view of the wooded area near the campus.
MSU-Meridian College Park Campus
1000 Highway 19 North
Meridian, MS 39307
Reference/Circulation desk 601-484-0237
The Phil Hardin Foundation Library at the Riley campus is located in the newly renovated S. H. Kress & Co. building in downtown Meridian, MS. The multi-year renovation project was completed in 2015 with the facility opening for business in 2016.
MSU-Meridian Riley Campus
2214 5th Street,
Meridian, MS 39301
Each Library provides access to print books and journals, computer and teaching labs, meeting spaces and a wealth of scholarly materials, including books and peer-reviewed articles from over 200 electronic databases provided by University Libraries.
Resources and Services Available
The University Library web page enables everyone to access electronic resources, the book collection electronic reserves, subject guides, online tutorials, reference help and much more.
- Databases: The library subscribes to over 200 databases, by name of the database, by broad subject category, or across subject areas through resources
- EBSCO’s Discovery Service: Use this all-in-one search engine to find information in the online catalog and most of the Libraries’ databases to find books, article, reference materials, theses and more.
- Online Catalog: Provides access to the book and journal holdings at University Libraries, plus 55 state-wide member libraries of the Mississippi Library Partnership
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad): Enables borrowing of library materials owned by other universities, usually free of charge
- Document Delivery: Permits books and other library materials to be placed “On Hold” and transported between MSU Campuses
- Library Assistance: Get library assistance through Ask-a-Librarian online reference assistance, Library Research Consultations, Lib Guides, in-person or by phone
- Workshops: See University Library web site for the latest workshops presented by the IMC and the Library Instruction departments. Free workshops are presented on a regular basis, and many are offered online
- Library research instruction sessions can be scheduled for library instruction in the Library or at the classroom
- Requests for new materials are always welcome. If you have recommendations for the book collection, a journal or a multimedia product, please contact email@example.com
- Library Reserves services are available for books, articles, DVDs, or other materials selected for your students' use.
Phil Hardin Foundation Libraries: College Park Hours:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Riley Campus Hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If you need assistance in accessing electronic resources, obtaining library materials, or for reference assistance, please stop by or contact the MSU Meridian Library staff by phone or by email.
In addition to housing a collection supporting the academic needs of the campuses, the Phil Hardin Foundation Libraries provide areas for individual study, technology equipped conference rooms, teaching labs equipped with computers and a teacher lectern and open computer labs.
College Park Image Gallery