Our goal at the Phil Hardin Foundation Libraries at MSU-Meridian’s College Park and Riley Campuses is to support the reading, research and information needs of the faculty, staff and students in Meridian.
Part of Mississippi State University Libraries, the Phil Hardin Foundation Libraries serve as a local facility for accessing printed and electronic materials, obtaining reference assistance library research help, as well as consultations and library instruction.
Combined, the local libraries have over 8000 print volumes, reference books, journals and reserve material and offer teaching/computer labs with a total of 30 computer workstations, a small conference room, printing and photocopying capabilities and a staff on hand to assist with any library and information needs. In addition, the MSU-Meridian academic community has access to resources and services offered on the University Libraries website at http://www.lib.msstate.edu.
The University Library web page enables everyone to access electronic resources, the book collection electronic reserves, subject guides, online tutorials, reference help and much more.
- Databases: The library subscribes to over 200 databases, by name of the database, by broad subject category, or across subject areas through resources
- EBSCO’s Discovery Service: Use this all-in-one search engine to find information in the online catalog and most of the Libraries’ databases to find books, article, reference materials, theses and more.
- Online Catalog: Provides access to the book and journal holdings at University Libraries, plus 55 state-wide member libraries of the Mississippi Library Partnership
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad): Enables borrowing of library materials owned by other universities, usually free of charge
- Document Delivery: Permits books and other library materials to be placed “On Hold” and transported between MSU Campuses
- Library Assistance: Get library assistance through Ask-a-Librarian online reference assistance, Library Research Consultations, Lib Guides, in-person or by phone
- Workshops: See University Library web site for the latest workshops presented by the IMC and the Library Instruction departments. Free workshops are presented on a regular basis, and many are offered online
- Library research instruction sessions can be scheduled for library instruction in the Library or at the classroom
- Requests for new materials are always welcome. If you have recommendations for the book collection, a journal or a multimedia product, please contact email@example.com
- Library Reserves services are available for books, articles, DVDs, or other materials selected for your students' use.
Phil Hardin Foundation Libraries: College Park Hours:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Riley Campus Hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If you need assistance in accessing electronic resources, obtaining library materials, or for reference assistance, please stop by or contact the MSU Meridian Library staff by phone or by email.
In addition to housing a collection supporting the academic needs of the campuses, the Phil Hardin Foundation Libraries provide areas for individual study, technology equipped conference rooms, teaching labs equipped with computers and a teacher lectern and open computer labs.
College Park Image Gallery