Welcome to Mississippi State University – Meridian.
Please explore our website to learn more about the scholarship opportunities available to you at MSU-Meridian and feel free to contact me with any questions. You can explore the various types of scholarships we offer by reviewing the tabs under scholarships on the right navigation pane.
Ms. Lynda Gist
Financial Aid, Scholarship & Veteran Counselor
Phone: 601-484-0134 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to Apply for Scholarships
- Admission to MSU - Apply Now Online
- Completion of General Scholarship Application (after admission)
- Departmental Scholarship Application
- Complete recommended scholarships “Apply To” with additional requirements
- Submit all required documents through scholarship portal; resume, transcripts, essays, financial statement, proof of employment, proof of PTK, etc.
General Scholarship Application
The General Scholarship Application (GSA) opens on October 1st. The priority date for transfers is March 1st.
- Students must be admitted.
- Log in to your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword.
- On the Banner tab, under the Financial Aid and Scholarships column, click "Submit/Revise General Scholarship Application."
- A new window will pop up, and you'll need to log in again using your NetID and NetPassword.
- When you're logging in for the first time, you'll need to complete the general application.
- Don't forget to click the "Save" button! When you're returning after your first log-in, you'll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.
Accepting Scholarship Offers
You will need to follow the instructions below to log into your Scholarship Portal to accept your offered scholarships.
- Login to your MyState Account.
- Click the Scholarship button in the “Welcome to Your state” box.
- Click the link stating “Accept/Decline Scholarship Awards”. This will take you to a new window for the Scholarship Portal.
- Click the Sign In button. (Top right corner for computers. Bottom right corner for tablets or smart phones.)
- Click the “Sign in With Your Institution” button. If needed, login with your myState netID and netPassword.
- Click the My Applications heading towards the top left corner.
- Click on your scholarship name in the Needs Attention section to read the terms and conditions of your scholarships. Next accept or decline your scholarship offer.