The Master of Arts in Teaching Community College Education degree program welcomes applicants who desire to teach on the community college level. The degree prepares educators for service in community colleges and requires a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the student’s teaching field. (Examples: Math, History, Psychology, English, etc.)
Education classes introduce the philosophy and culture of the community college to prepare graduates to teach both traditional as well as non-traditional students.
- A completed graduate application. Click HERE to access this directly.
- A statement of purpose detailing your professional goals and how those goals fit the program to which you are applying.
- Names and email addresses for three professional references including at least one instructor/professor who can speak to your academic ability. The admissions office will send them a link to an online reference form. Do not list family members and please inform your references so they can expect to be contacted by the admissions office.
- A minimum 2.75 GPA on the last half of the bachelor’s degree. Official transcripts must be received by the Graduate School.
- Current medical immunization record.
All documentation must be submitted to the graduate school by the designated deadline (https://www.grad.msstate.edu/admissions/deadlines/)
Please note the GRE is not required for this degree program.
Dr. Mark Fincher
Associate Professor of Community College Education