Counselor Education

Hello! Welcome to the information page about our graduate programs in counselor education. Does helping others inspire you? We’re dedicated to training highly skilled counselors who are committed to serving the needs of our local community, state, and beyond. Our graduates pursue jobs in the P-12 educational environment, community mental health agencies, hospitals, vocational rehabilitation centers, community colleges and universities, and private practice. As a student, you will be working closely with faculty who are leaders in our state and nation, who believe in the power of advocacy, and strongly desire to make our world a better place. Join us today and make a difference in your community.

After reading the information below, please feel free to reach out to one of our faculty by phone or by email. Thank you for your interest in our program and we look forward to connecting with you soon!

Counselor Education

The Counselor Education Graduate degree programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).

Students can earn a Master of Science in Counseling or an Educational Specialist in Counseling with a concentration in Clinical Mental Health Counseling or School Counseling.

Admission Requirements

  • A completed graduate application. Click HERE to access this directly.

  • A statement of purpose detailing your professional goals and how those goals fit the program to which you are applying.

  • Names and email addresses for three references including two professional contacts and one instructor/professor who can speak to your academic ability. The admissions office will send them a link to an online reference form. Do not list family members and please inform your references so they can expect to be contacted by the admissions office.

  • A minimum 2.75 GPA (bachelor’s degree) for admission to M.S. programs and a recommended minimum of 3.3 GPA (master’s degree) for admission to Ed.S programs.

  • Individuals applying to the Ed.S. degree must hold a M.S. degree in counseling or a related field (as determined by program concentration).

  • Current medical immunization record.

All documentation and official transcripts, must be submitted to the graduate school for both the M.S. and Ed.S degree programs.


School Counseling - Dr. Melissa Windham
Phone: 601-484-0181

Clinical Mental Health - Dr. Rosanne Nunnery
Phone: 601-484-0172

Clinical Mental Health - Dr. Darren Wozny
Phone: 601-484-0166